Once you have successfully created your Gmail account, you have at your disposal a very powerful tool for instant, secure communication. Gmail is by far the easiest and the fastest web based email service yet. Not only that, it also allow you to use most of the popular email clients such as MS Outlook and Thunderbird using the free POP3 protocol that comes with it.
An essential part of using a webmail service is login in & out of your email account. This article addresses that issue in the context of your Gmail account. Simply follow the following steps –
1. In order to create your Gmail account you had opened the URL Gmail.com. Here also the first step is to open that URL once again.
2. It takes you to the simple interface of Gmail where you can see the “Sign in” box on the right of the page.
3. There are two inputs required to sign-in to your Gmail account; they are your username and your password. Additionally you can opt to select the checkbox against “Stay signed in”. This will keep your Gmail session active even after you have closed the browser (and not logged out using the log-out link). This is however not advisable if you normally access your Gmail account (and for that matter any webmail account) on a public computer (such as an Internet café, your school or even your office desktop).
4. Once you have entered your username and your password, click on “Sign-in” and you will be redirected to your Gmail account page.
6. If you cannot seem to remember your username and or password then you will need to retrieve it using Gmail’s built in username / password retrieval service. Click on “Can’t access your account?” to move to the next step. This should open a page like this.
7. Select the appropriate radio button say; if you have forgotten your password select the radio button next to it.
8. If you select “I don’t know my password” then a following option will open up. Enter your Gmail username or any other email address that you had mentioned at the time of registering or later associated with your Gmail account.
9. if you have selected “I don’t know my username” or “I’m having other problems signing in” then click “continue”
10. For “I don’t know my username” the following page will open up.
Enter the alternate email address associated with your account and the captcha characters. On submit Gmail will show you this message and send your username to your alternate email account.